What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No, not just for some but for everyone. -Sung by Dionne Warwick
There are hugs all around you, and all you have to do is let them in.
Take a minute to think about your personal state.
- Have you built up a wall of defense and protection?
- Have you stuck your head in the sand, just wishing for this time to end?
- Are you in a state of flight or fight?
If your defenses are up, or you are checked out, you leave yourself closed off. Is it time to open up?
Hug Exercise (1 minute)
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath and hold it.
- Picture all of your hurt, anger, anxiety, and frustration swirling around within the breath in your body. Picture the breath like a tornado pulling all of these feelings into it.
- When you are ready, exhale this breath. Picture it taking your emotions up and away to the Universe.
- Picture your body now empty of negative emotions. Inhale deeply and allow the breath to fill your body with light. As you hold it, imagine the pores of your skin opening and shining this light into the world.
- Exhale. You have just given the world a hug of light.
- Inhale. You have just allowed the world to hug you back.
Repeat this any time you are overwhelmed or upset, and need support.
Remind yourself the Universe supports you. We are all one. Every bit of energy you send into the world affects it. BE the change!
Be inspired. Go forth. Create your day.
September is Suicide Prevention Month. Reach out to a friend or loved one. Just say hello.
Three things you can do to help a friend who is feeling down: